Articles on this Page
- 06/03/15--20:13: _Allocating investme...
- 06/09/15--16:00: _Weddings and the po...
- 07/08/15--20:30: _Online wealth advic...
- 07/22/15--19:06: _The upside of finte...
- 07/30/15--04:42: _The underfunded wor...
- 09/02/15--23:07: _Why are reverse mor...
- 09/22/15--22:30: _Scenes from a roboa...
- 09/30/15--18:20: _What are all these ...
- 09/30/15--18:25: _Financial Advisers ...
- 10/07/15--18:01: _Results of roboadvi...
- 10/07/15--18:04: _Trusted professions...
- 10/14/15--19:26: _Roboadvice disrupti...
- 10/14/15--19:42: _The reality of robo...
- 10/14/15--19:57: _Don’t have retireme...
- 10/21/15--18:19: _Challenging a will:...
- 10/28/15--18:15: _Providing financial...
- 12/17/15--01:02: _Six challenges for ...
- 12/17/15--01:03: _Take care when assi...
- 02/24/16--17:03: _Spinning the wheel ...
- 02/24/16--17:04: _Death and taxes on ...
- 06/03/15--20:13: Allocating investments in the year ahead
- 06/09/15--16:00: Weddings and the power of compounding
- 07/08/15--20:30: Online wealth advice is a reality
- 07/22/15--19:06: The upside of fintech for wealth managers
- 07/30/15--04:42: The underfunded world of fund manager research
- 09/02/15--23:07: Why are reverse mortgages unpopular?
- 09/22/15--22:30: Scenes from a roboadvice pitch to angel investors
- 09/30/15--18:20: What are all these fintech startups actually doing?
- 09/30/15--18:25: Financial Advisers Register a good place to start
- 10/07/15--18:01: Results of roboadvice survey
- 10/07/15--18:04: Trusted professions go with the Flo’
- 10/14/15--19:26: Roboadvice disruption – you won’t see it coming
- 10/14/15--19:42: The reality of roboadvice
- 10/14/15--19:57: Don’t have retirement village regrets
- 10/21/15--18:19: Challenging a will: money or family?
- 10/28/15--18:15: Providing financial assistance to parents
- 12/17/15--01:02: Six challenges for robo-advisers
- 12/17/15--01:03: Take care when assisting parents financially
- 02/24/16--17:03: Spinning the wheel in retirement
- 02/24/16--17:04: Death and taxes on your own terms
At the Morningstar Investment Conference 2015, delegates were polled prior to each session. The results provide a valuable insight into how financial advisers and professionals currently view opportunities in the market.
Have you ever wondered what your financial situation would be if you’d had a more modest wedding all those years ago? A simple calculator tool is available to find out – but it might not be easy news to take.
Online wealth advice is not a ‘full-service’ offer like face-to-face advice, but it can provide tailored strategic asset allocation and investment guidance without the complexity or cost of the complete financial planning package.
Fintechs are often viewed as disruptive to traditional financial services businesses, but in reality they present great opportunities for savvy organisations, especially within wealth and asset management.
The research on fund managers within the wealth management industry is under resourced, under appreciated, over worked and under paid. It should be considered a source of competitive advantage, not a cost centre.
Using the equity in the home to supplement retirement income is worth considering for certain people, so why are banks dropping reverse mortgage products and why do so many retirees feel it’s not for them?
Experience a roboadvice pitch to a panel of angel investors and decide for yourself whether it’s a good deal. Please complete our quick online survey.
There is healthy activity in fintech startups across Australia, and many new businesses will come to market in the next few months. What did the audience think when they saw 31 such businesses present in rapid-fire?
A note from ASIC to Cuffelinks readers regarding the Financial Advisers Register – a comprehensive database of financial advisers’ scope, experience, training and qualifications to assist investors in choosing an adviser.
Results from our roboadvice survey are available to view. Thanks to all our respondents who contributed their opinions. It will be interesting to see which businesses emerge from the pack.
Financial planners should be part of a profession that ranks highly for trust, but survey results are disappointing. An unrelated profession shows how to build greater public support.
Roboadvice disruption could come from anywhere, opening the door for non-traditional providers without incumbents even realising it. When it’s more exciting, it can grab the attention of the previously disengaged.
While roboadvice businesses are ramping up in Australia, we are yet to see one come close to providing the full range of financial advice services offered by human advisors. The nuances are too complex.
When choosing where to live in retirement, understanding the features and financial arrangements of each option is the best way to avoid those common regrets. But sort it out before making the move.
The majority of people who contest a will in court or by mediation succeed in changes being made. Is this unfair or do family members have an entitlement to ‘family money’ at the expense of the deceased’s wishes?
We often hear of parents providing financial assistance to their adult children, whether its buying a house, paying for education or gifting a car. But what tax-effective options are available when the situation is reversed?
Robo-advisers will make their impact in wealth management, but that doesn’t guarantee their success. Like any business, there will be major challenges to overcome as they attempt to disrupt financial advice.
Many children have more money than their parents ever had, but when providing financial assistance, consider all possible scenarios and document intentions to avoid pain if relationships deteriorate.
Contrary to popular belief, there are significant variations in equity returns over long periods such as 20 years. Whether you will earn the ‘equity risk premium’ is far from certain.
Death and taxes might be two of life’s certainties but you can influence how they impact you. While estate planning might be awkward, don’t put it off until it’s too late.